Monday, July 11, 2011

Venessa Nelson Beard

DSC_1046P1000410

I have enjoyed reading about everyone and thought I would add a little about what I have been up to.  After High School, I attended BYU-I majoring in secondary math education.  I took a break from school to serve a mission in Guatemala.  After returning in Dec. 2005, I graduated from BYU-I Dec. 2006 with a major in math education and a minor in spanish education.  Justin and I were married Aug. 11, 2006.  I taught High School for 1 year in American Falls, Jr. High for 1 year in Idaho Falls, and Middle School 1 year in Rigby.  Jr. High was my favorite!   Our son, Carson, was born Jan. 29, 2009.  I quit teaching public school to stay home with him.  I am still at home teaching private piano and violin lessons.  We are expecting a little girl in September.  I stay busy with my many hobbies including scrapbooking, crocheting, cross-stitching, sewing, cake decorating, making diaper cakes, cooking and anything else to keep my hands busy.  I have been a cub scout leader for the past 4 years and continue doing so.  Both my 2 year old and I love to have scouts.  Justin has a masters degree and his PE in Civil Engineering. We currently live in Rigby, but I don't think my husband will ever change our license plates from 1M to 1J.  Rexburg is home for us! 

No comments: